From November 2018 to February 2022, partners carry out study trips and collaborative work in order to create a methodological toolbox designed to raise awareness of the benefits of coworking in rural areas and enable anybody interested in setting up and running coworking spaces.
The methodological toolbox is made up of 4 items :
- the "Rural Coworking Guide - Tips for the successful creation of a rural coworking space", aims to help organizations and individuals navigate through the creation and development of coworking spaces, as well as to build a community of coworkers. It includes lots of good advice regarding, for example, the essentials steps in the creation of a space in the rural environment, management models, business models and space management.
- a full and detailed report of the visited coworking spaces during partners’meetings. The document, entitled “CoLabora – Case Studies of Coworking Spaces, summarizes all the learning from the sites visits to coworking spaces regarding economic viability, strategic location, physical design, layout of spaces, services provided, staffing arrangements, functioning and technology.
- a toolbox dedicated to community builders in order they improve their practices of networking among the community of coworkers.
- a training toolkit that gives the community builder the opportunity to:
- Understand the meaning of the sharing economy and the philosophy of coworking,
- Explore the objectives of a community manager and associated staff,
- Understand the skills, knowledge and experience required to carry out this role.
The toolkit includes 4 modules of training:
1. Introduction – the philosophy of coworking and the role of the community manager and associated staff.
2. Membership management: tools to help create and promote the community space.
3. Community building and animation: tools to help engage and motivate your coworking community.
4. Space / service management – best practice.
Discover all these documents in the download section, at the bottom of this webpage.